Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Unearthly - Cynthia Hand Ok, I really should not have read this books. Like, really. There were so many things that I liked about this. One was that it was based in the Teton mountains, which were really close to where I grew up. Her description of the uber-rich Jacksonians was perfect. There were things I wasn't as excited about. Maybe it's just the overwhelming amount of YA paranormal romance I've read recently but the whole "I have to go save a mystery boy to fulfill my destiny" has lost it's glitter for me.
But there is one thing that took this book that sets it apart from every other book I've read in the last year. There is a love triangle, and it MAKES PERFECT SENSE. Clara is trying to pick between Fated Boy Christian and cute down to earth guy Tuck. I wish I could describe it better. I've been really frustrated by the advent of the love triangle, because I've never seen it happen in real life. It's usually just a way of creating extra drama in a story. This time it felt real, and it has completely ruined me for the garden variety that I've jumped right back into.