Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Everneath - Brodi Ashton I really liked this book. Nikki, the heroine, was a little too mopey for my tastes at times, but considering that one bad choice had landed her with bigger problems then she could ever comprehend tends to do that to a person. Six months before the book starts Nikki unwittingly agreed to be a forfeit, a person who gives up their life energy to feed an immortal being. It takes a century of their time but only six months of ours. Irrecoverably changed by this experience Nikki gets a limited reprieve of her death sentence. She's back home and she desperately wants to make a difference in the lives of those she can't help but leave behind again.
I liked how Nikki grows over the course of the book, and characters are given the opportunity to change as they are faced with challenges. This also has a love triangle that really works. I still wish I didn't have to read so many of them, but it's nice to read it done right.