Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Shadow of the Crown - Jeri Gilchrist When Tiera Palmer goes to live in her ancestral home in Denmark she says it's for work. What she'd hiding is a secret that almost died generations in the past. When her grandfather was branded as a traitor to the Danish Resistance Party after world war two, it was literally over his dead body. Since he's the only one who could refute the charges Tiera's mother and grandmother were left to suffer for his perceived guilt. Now Tiera wants to know the truth and powerful people want to stop her. With the help of her cute boss Christian Teira delves into a secret that's almost been destroyed by time.
So, aside from me having fun writing a shlocky summary what did I think of this book? The story was fun and interesting. Tiera was believable as a slueth because it's never really her intention to accomplish all she does. Christian is cute and crush worthy, and her grandmother Grethe is stinking adorable. I loved getting to know more about what happened in Denmark during World War II. I'd never heard of the history before this so it was really fun.
The negative was the writing style. It was really clunky and had awful flow, so much so that it killed a lot of my enjoyment of the book. I hope I'm not becoming like those music buffs that can't listen to the radio because the singers are off key!