Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Cold Days - Jim Butcher I'm having a really hard time giving a Dresden file book any less then five stars. I'm a ridiculous fan girl when it comes to this series and I actually cried when I had to wait a whole weekend to get this book. Don't mock me! I loved Changes/Ghost story and was really interested to see how those changes were wrapped up. The vibe felt very trilogy throughout the last two so I thought that we would finally get the answers.
Don't get me wrong, Cold Days is awesome. It completely reworks the focus of the series and Harry's world view. One of the things I've always loved about the Dresden files is how the scope is always expanding. The action as Harry went from one revelation to another was non-stop. I could barely put it down!
The one place I felt really let down was in the emotional relationships. Harry is back from the dead, for cripes sake. As far as his friends were concerned Ghost Story was his swan song. Now he's alive, badder then ever, and aside from Thomas nobody really has much of an emotional investment in there. Don't even get me started on Murphy. I could rant and rave for an hour over how that one fell out.
I don't know anything else to say that's not squeeing or ranting, so I'm going to leave it at this. I hope everyone else enjoys it even more then I did.