Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Enchanted Ivy - Sarah Beth Durst As some of you may know I'm a huge Sarah Beth Durst fan. If I every met her I think my voice would raise through octaves and the only people that could understand are animated chipmunks in brightly colored jackets. That being said, I was a little non-plussed about Enchanted Ivy. The book starts off with a homage to the awesomeness of Princeton, something I really couldn't care less about. I always thought that those book/movies/tv shows that were all about getting into the perfect school were really lame. So how could Durst pull this off?
Well, she did. It was awesome. It might have started off as just about a college, but as the scope of the novel broadened and you started to understand why Lily wanted to go to Princeton. Then it stopped really being about Princeton at all and was more about bigotry versus tolerance set with some of the coolest magical creatures ever. The only thing I'm mad about is that I'm never going to see these characters again!