Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Dark Companion - Marta Acosta I feel like I'm reviewing two different books, so I'm going to set up my review that way.
First half: 4 stars
This book is haunting and lovely, with fantastic characters and creepy undertones. Despite the generally dark tone these characters make me laugh out loud. Where else am I going to find characters that declaim hilarious poetry! That said there is something missing. I could easily put this book down. I hope the payoff draws me in.
Second half: 0 stars
Oh my gosh what just happened. I kept reading the book for Jane, the main characters. She was so scared but so determined, and I wanted her to have the world. Now that's completely turned on it's head. Can I see the change being a logical extension of the character? Yes but emotionally is feels like a bait and switch. To top that off I find the payoff of all the mystery to be just wrong.
All in all: 2 stars
I so wish I gave up on this book instead of reading it to the end.