Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Magic Under Stone (Magic Under, #2) - Jaclyn Dolamore I originally read Magic Under Glass because I read the blurb on Magic Under Stone and wanted to read the series. I read Glass, loved it, and then eagerly moved on to Stone. But then it sat in a corner gathering dust. Finding it again made me so excited so I jumped right in.
Here's the thing. Stone it a very, very different book then Glass. In fact, it lost me about halfway through. I kept reading hopeing it would get better, but it didn't. Most of the book was spent with Nimira and Erris hiding out and getting on each others nerves. A new character is introduced, and while he takes up maybe 10% of the first 60% he takes up half of the last 40% (yes, I read this on a ereader). In fact, the new main character saves the day! He introduces the new antagonist, almost all the plot devices, and the stakes. Nimira and Erris could have just stayed home.
Dolamore is such a good writer that I would have read Stone no matter what. I just wish that I'd been able to read the story I picked up the book for.