Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Spider's Bite - Jennifer Estep I'm going to go with four stars on this one, even though it's really somewhere in between three and four. I enjoyed it, but wasn't really in love with it. There's still a lot of clunky narrating, something that drags down her big time series. It's kind of interesting to start on an authors third series and be blown away, go and read her first series and see how much she's changed and grown, and now start reading her second series. I've got about six more books before she starts her Frost series which is where I discovered her. She's changed a lot and I know she's going to continue to change and get better at her craft.
There are two special things I'd like to bring up about this book, one good and one bad. The good one is how funny and important her supporting cast is. They have mystery, insight, and development, just like the lead. It's really easy to get the main character right but hard to give everyone else that level of detail. Estep does it and I love it. On the other hand I really, really hate her romance angle. Even for an urban fantasy it is all about lust. I left Spider's Bite not feeling anything for the romantic lead at all. When it comes to my reading I want to be wooed, not whacked over the head.