Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Starling - Lesley Livingston I'm really torn between three and four stars, but I'm voting up to be nice. Three things about this book:
1. If like me you haven't been able to get hold of a copy of Tempestuous, don't read Starling. I was excited to see a new series by an author that I liked but the whole #1 is deceptive. It's a spinoff. That would be really cool if I wanted MASSIVE SPOILERS. Gah. Taking a deep breath now.
2. Livingston frees herself of the first-person/extremely-limited-third-person viewpoint system of YA and the book is better for it. You get a lot of little tidbits from extraneous characters that sucked me into the main story way more then anything the MC's knew. It slowed the book down a little but it worked for me.
3. Memo to writers: When you have a character that has a name and a nickname, pick one and stick to it. It wasn't a big deal since the character wasn't a major one but it made the first chapter or two confusing. That's a really bad place to be confusing.
I liked the hero from the last series and he's so much better suited for Starling then he was for the world of Wonderous Strange. Probably because Starling was written with him in mind. Hmmmm. On a different note I really liked that Mason wasn't a "strong" heroine or a "weak" heroine. She had things about her that were strong and things that were weak and she was very easy to empathize with.
Okay, I'm finally done. At least until the next one comes out.