Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
The Plantation - Stella Samiotou Fitzsimons I received this book from a goodreads giveaway. I wanted to love it. It's only two hundred pages, and it took me two months to get to 50 pages. The truth is this book is pretty terrible.
At 50 pages here's where things stood for me:
A) The actual plot hadn't really started yet. Considering that's a quarter of the way through the book I find that not to be a good thing.
B) The writing voice was really clunky. I've definitely read worse but still bad.
C) I felt nothing for any of the characters. They were all very two dimensional and either irritating or forgettable.
At the risk of sounding like a horrible person I'm going to suggest steering clear of this book. I'm passing it on to someone else who will hopefully give it a loving home and make up for the authors generosity in giving it to me.