Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Sanctum - Sarah Fine I'm more in love with this book then I know how to handle. I gave it back to the library only because I can't afford the fines! I've found one of my new favorite authors! To keep my obsessive fan girling short, here are some things I liked about the book:
1. The romance. I'm normally a Debbie Downer when it comes to YA romance but this one was handled really well.
2. The emotional journey. Lela feels bad about what happened to her best friend, and she's determined to do right by her. This never came across the toxic guilt package that fills most girl geared YA.It felt like love and fear and hope, something that brought me closer to Lela instead of making me look down on her.
3. The world. This was a really unique take on the afterlife. I won't say too much because I don't want to spoiler anything, but just take it from me that it's cool, different, and a really believable.
4. The way Fine handled abuse and the consequences it has on Lela. This is something that's not talked about a lot, and when it is shown in books it's either horrible or offensive. Not so here.
I'm stopping myself here, but this review doesn't do the book justice. Go, read it, and be happy:)