Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Enshadowed - Kelly Creagh Enshadowed continues a love story that challenged my preconceptions about paranormal romances, goths, and even Edgar Allen Poe. Considering my normal feelings regarding all three of those things are pretty entrenched.
I'm amazed by how well Creagh portrayed grief, both Isobel's and Varen's. Both of them are struggling to hold onto themselves despite changing circumstances. Isobel is forced to reevaluate who she is in the wake of experiences that took away so much of her childhood and her feelings of safety. The fantasy parallel world is chilling and fascinating. Creagh is excellent at giving details while still keeping the details of the dreamworld undefined. Lastly I love Creagh's depiction of Isobel's family. It's really rare to have a main character in YA both have a parents and siblings and having to deal with those relationships while also trying to solve the plots core problems.
The one complaint I have is that there isn't much plot movement. Creagh's deft prose can only cover story inertness so well.