Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
False Covenant - Ari Marmell I just could not get into this book. I must have picked it up and put it down a dozen times. I'm starting to wonder if I'm in a reading slump. Yes dear reader, it even happens to me. Shocking.
I love Theif's Covenant so much I got it for my little brother. It was darker then I normally like but the wise cracking thief was so much a part of my childhood that she instantly found a place in my heart. The complex world that is hinted at but not seen made me even more curious. That continues in False Covenant. Without a lot of the supporting cast who are now dead all of the sparkle depends on Widdershins alone.
My biggest complaint is how everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is against Widdershins. Despite being a well loved trope it's not always a good idea. In a short novel like this it became so claustrophobic it becomes impossible to really feel immerse myself in the story.