Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder  - Joanne Fluke I've let my love of mysteries slide recently with all the YA I've been getting into. When I came across Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder while on vacation I thought it looked like a great way to start again. It was, and it wasn't.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder is a pretty traditional who-done-it. Fluke does a great job of giving the heroine more hints without making it obvious who the killer is. No useless fluff in the middle; everything works well. That being said there is very little genius to this mystery. The sparkle that means love at first sight is missing. I'm willing to keep trying since sometimes a romance (and a writer) takes time to kindle. Plus there are five million books out in this series (or sixteen, same thing) so something must be going right.
That said, why four stars? Because the cookie recipes deserve six stars. Maybe ten. They are delicious! Totally worth buying the book for.