Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2) - Tracy Deebs I'M DONE!!!!!
Yeah, this was not an easy book to finish. It should be! Tracey Deebs is a fantastically vivid writer. The emotion and beauty that she brings to Tempest are awesome beyond awesome. I'm definitely going to check out her next work.
On the other hand Tempest Unleashed relied almost completely on the love interests to power the plot. Since Tempest is set up as such an independent, engaging heroine it was very alienating. I wanted more Tempest, more family, and more crazy sea monster stuff. Less bemoaning her boy fate. Plus, all the back and forth made both guys incredibly unappealing.
On a complete side note I'm sad that this isn't going to be that defining mermaid world building book I've been looking for. I mean, haven't you wondered what it would be like to live in a fantasy world under water? Three dimensional life!