Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Pivot Point - Kasie West Wow. Pivot Point is simply incredible. Kasie West creates a world where there are special people that is so utterly believable I felt like I could look up from the pages and see it. It's not just that there were a lot of details that made sense. It was just so much a part of the world that it was almost boring. That sounds bad but it really is the height of good worldbuilding.
I loved the character of Addie. She was conscientious to a fault, an unusual trait in a heroine. Her voice was so strong even though West didn't make her snarky or silly. She was balanced out by the other characters who were all a mix of good and bad. Like with the worldbuilding the characters became people.
First thought is that I wish it was more fleshed out. I loved the story and felt there were a lot of things that I would have liked to know more about. Second thought is that it would have slowed the book down and made it worse. On other words, I love it so much I want more even though the story doesn't need anything more. Guess I'll have to wait for the sequel.