Jennavier

Erik Larson
Healing Trauma
Peter A. Levine
Tess Gerritsen
Days of Blood & Starlight - Laini Taylor On page 467 of Days of Blood and Starlight I lifted my face to the universe and cried out "I can't take it anymore!" The universe, being generally inert to semi-emo twenty somethings took no notice. Laini Taylor, looking forward to my plight from the past, did. All of the hopes and fears created in Days spun together to give me an ending that I loved.
It's hard to top a killer first book. I loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It felt so unique in the YA genre. There's so many tropes that drive so bat house crazy that I've become to them what baptist preachers are to Satan. I can rant about their evils All. Day. Long. Many of them showed up in Daughter and it worked. Then they showed up again in Days and I realized that they didn't just work, this is the reason they were tropes to begin with. I don't want to say more because I don't want to spoil it if you live under a rock and you only peek out to read my reviews (not that this is likely, but a girl can dream right?). Except this one. I can't even explain to you the deep satisfaction of seeing every choice played out, of not shirking feelings because this is for "teens", of watching love and hope and war and everything else have the weight they should and the whole story being beautiful anyway.